H I S T O R Y
United Service Organization
of Columbus, Ohio Records
2 cubic feet
Provenance: The Ohio Historical Society acquired the United
Service Organization of Columbus, Ohio records through the
auspices of Eliza Busenburg, Executive Director, as a gift of
the US0 in October and December 1975. Sherrill Dryden- Baird
processed the collection in December 1979.
Property rights: The Ohio Historical Society holds the property
rights to this collection.
Copyrights: The United Service Organization, through Eliza
Busenburg, has dedicated such copyrights as it possesses in
these records to the public. Consideration of all other
copyrights is the responsibility of the author and publisher.
Access: This collection is open under the rules and regulations
of the Ohio Historical Society.
Citation: Researchers are requested to cite collection name,
collection number and the Ohio Historical Society in all foot-note
and bibliographic references.
Transfer: Photographs and scrapbooks were transferred to the
Audiovisual Department in December 1975 and December 1979.
Related material: United Service Organization, P- 183, Audio-visual
Historical sketch: The United Service Organization was estab-lished
in March 1941 through the cooperative efforts of the
National Catholic Community Service, Jewish Welfare Federation,
Salvation Army, Traveler's Aid Society, Young Men's Christian
Association and the Young Women's Christian Association. The
US0 is a voluntary civilian agency which promotes the spiritual,
religious, social and educational needs of armed forces members
during war and peace. The US0 chapter of Columbus, Ohio, was
chartered on June 1, 1941. A council comprised of an executive
committee and advisory board governs the affairs of the local
chapter. US0 committees responsible to the council include
those comprised of senior and junior volunteers. ( See Box 1,
Folders 23 and 24 for more information regarding the history
of the Columbus USO).
OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
1982 Veima Avenue, Coiurnbui. Ohio 43211- 2497 ph: 61L. 297.2300 fx: 614.2972411
wwr. ohiiohistaiy. org
This item is a finding aid or inventory to an Ohio Historical Society collection or series. Finding aids are descriptive access tools that provide more complete information about a collection than you will find in the online catalog record. For more information on the collection and to view its contents, contact the Ohio Historical Society.