R I S T O R Y MSS 829
Linden Garden Club
( Columbus, Ohio) Records
1 cubic foot
Provenance: The Ohio Historical Society acquired the Linden
Garden Club ( Columbus, Ohio) Records, as a gift of the club,
through the auspices of the secretary- treasurer, Mary Frizzell
in July and Se2tember 1983. Robert W. Viol processed the collec-tion
in September 1983.
Property rights: The Ohio Historical Society owns the property
rights to this collection.
Copyrights: The cls~ bha s dedicated such copyrights as it possesses
in this collection to the public. Consideration of all other copy-rights
is the responsibility of the author and publisher.
Access: This colleciton is open under the rules and regulations
of the Ohio Historical Society.
Citation: Researchers are requested to cite collection name,
collection number, and the Ohio Historical Society in all footnote
and bibliographic references.
Transfers: In September 1983 one photograph was transferred to
the audiovisual collections and selected publications were t- r~ an s- ~~
£ erred to the library.
Organizational sketch: The Linden Garden Club was established on
May 17, 1932, in the Linden area of Columbus, Ohio. The club
sought to " bring into relation of mutual helpfulness the amateur
gardeners of Linden; to promote the interest and increase the
knowledge of members; to further the development of home gardening;
to encourase civic and state beautification; and to make combined
action possible when deemed expedient." The club was governed by
a president, vice- president, corresponding secretary, recording
secretary and treasurer. These officers, elected at the annual
meeting held in September, constituted the executive board. The
club was disbanded on June 29, 1983.
Source: Linden Garden Club ( Columbus, Ohio) Records, MSS 829, the
Ohio Historical Society.
Scope and content: The Linden Garden Club ( Columbus, Ohio) Records
date from 1932 to 1983 and occupy one cubic foot. The records,
arranged alphabetically by record type, consist of charters showing
membership in the American Rose Society; the club's first consti-tution
and subsequent revisions; correspondence concerning club
activities; and account books documenting the club's receipts,
disbursements, and expenditures. The records also include meeting
minutes from 1332 to 1983, although minutes for the years 1935,
1953- 1959, and 1976- 1982 are not extant. Box 1, folder 12, con-tains
newspaper clippings recounting club activities or items of
OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY
1982 Velmd Avenue. Columbus, Ohio 43211- 2497 ph: 614,247.2300 fx: 614.297.2411
www. ohiohistory. org
This item is a finding aid or inventory to an Ohio Historical Society collection or series. Finding aids are descriptive access tools that provide more complete information about a collection than you will find in the online catalog record. For more information on the collection and to view its contents, contact the Ohio Historical Society.