Skip to main content

About this collection

Rossford Public Library Digital Collection


In cooperation with the Ohio Historical Society in Columbus, the Rossford Public Library has been awarded grant dollars for participating in a regional document digitization project. Documents of historical significance in our library's community will be selected to be scanned and stored digitally for preservation and ease of transfer.

 

The purpose of this project is to make an array of local history resources more available to state residents and ultimately a worldwide audience of researchers through the Ohio Historical Society's Memory Project.

 

Libbey Owens Ford Historical Photographs


Edward Ford purchased 173 acres of farm land on the Maumee River in 1898 to build his plate glass factory. In August of that year, the Edward Ford Plate Glass Company broke ground and a new business and a new community was born. Ford named the growing community "Rossford" by combining his last name with the last name of his second wife, Caroline Ross. As the foundation for the city; the factory, its machinery, employees and administrators were well documented in company photographs.

 

Rossford High School Yearbooks and Photographs


Rossford High School was built in 1922 with the first graduating class in 1924. Yearbooks begin with the 1924 edition when it was titled "Maroon and Gray", in 1959, the title was changed to "R-Pride".

 

Walnut Street School Class Photos


Walnut Street School was one of Rossford's original schools, located on Walnut Street in the early 1900's. It was replaced by Indian Hills Elementary in 1970 and the building was then used as Rossford's Recreation Center. The building was razed in the 1980's. Class photos begin in 1924 and include all grades.

 

Rossford Public Library Historical Photographs and Documents


The Rossford Public Library was founded in 1936 and was originally located in a storefront property on Superior Street. The library moved to its current location, the north corner of Dixie Highway and Eagle Point Road, in September, 1950. It was the first structural step in Rossford's civic center which now includes the fire and police departments and the municipal building. A gift from the Libbey Owens Ford Company and a campaign by the community provided the initial funds to furnish and supply the library.

 
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK