Tiffin-Seneca Public Library is pleased to be a partner with the Ohio Historical Society in presenting a digital archive of Seneca County, Ohio's history. This partnership was made possible by an LSTA grant through the NORWELD Regional Library System.
The Tiffin-Seneca Public Library can trace its existence back to March 6, 1880 when an application was filed in Columbus, Ohio for the incorporation of the Tiffin Public Library Association. In 1912, Andrew Carnegie provided $25,000 for the construction of a new library building. The city would budget $2,500 annually for maintenance. In 1967 the Seneca County Commissioners approved the formation of the present Tiffin-Seneca Public Library replacing the Tiffin Public Library Association. After 63 years, the library outgrew its building, and in January, 1975, ground was broken for a new building at the library's present location.
Today, the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library is a free county district public library and is committed to meeting the information, educational, and recreational needs of all who live, work, or go to school in Seneca County. It is with great pleasure that the library can share its historical items and resources with a larger global community.