The Ida Rupp Public Library is the first in Port Clinton Ohio, founded in 1908. It moved to its present location at 310 Madison Ave in 1968. It has been charged by the State Library of Ohio to serve the reading and information needs of all residents of Eastern Ottawa County. The mission of the Ida Rupp Public Library is to facilitate free access to materials and services to support the diverse educational, informational, and entertainment needs of our community. The library has a vision to be the premier resource hub providing for the educational, informational, technological, social, and cultural needs of our community.