The Ohio State Monitor was published in Columbus, Ohio, from 1918 to 1922. Owned by the Columbus Baptist Print Company, it documented the activities of African Americans and the Ohio Baptist Church community, including official reports from the Ohio Baptist General Association. Regular columns covered updates from various cities around the state, informing readers about people’s illnesses, travel plans, sermons, church news, degrees conferred and public events. The weekly publication also included more general items, such as state, national and international news, and editorials covering political and other important issues. Advertisements for local businesses and services, such as property for sale and lawyers, were regularly printed. In addition, each issue featured a Columbus Baptist Church Directory a directory and reports from Columbus Baptist Churches.