The Alliance Review Collection is a pilot project and includes the years 1916-1920.
On September 17, 1888, Joseph W. Gillespie published the first edition of The Alliance Review. Previous to that date, Gillespie published the first issue of The Alliance Weekly Review. This paper continued until 1915.
In December 1894, the paper was purchased by Frank A. Hoiles. He continued as publisher and editor until his death in 1936.The newspaper was sold to the Thompson Newspaper chain in 1967 and then purchased by Dix Communications who became the sole owner in September 1986.
Throughout its long history, The Alliance Review has served the city of Alliance and its surrounding townships in Stark, Mahoning, Portage, and Columbiana counties reporting the local news.
This project is administered by Rodman Public Library and is supported by Dix Communications with financial support from the Baker Family.