The Morrow County Republican collection covers 1910-1919.
The Morrow County Republican published its first issue on July 27, 1905 in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. Oscar A. White served as its first editor with John M. Kinney as publisher. In its inaugural issue, the following statement about the paper was printed: "Devoted to Morrow County, that it may be loyal; keeping close to the people, that it may be useful; defending the rights of citizenship, that it may be patriotic." The Republican saw several changes in editors and owners in its first few years, and J.M. Hoffa took over as editor and publisher in November 1908. As its name suggests, the paper was Republican in politics. It was published weekly for most of its existence, but at times was also issued triweekly and semiweekly.
Like many newspapers of the time, the Republican published a variety of content. Local news covered the entire county, reporting on social gatherings, community gossip and deaths, as well as church, court and business news and advertisements. State and national news was also prevalent, covering topics from sports to culture to politics, as well as items of a more general interest such as agriculture, religion, architecture and other topics. The Morrow County Republican ceased publication in 1920.