This photograph of Tank’s Meat Market in Elmore, Ohio was taken on December 22, 1909. From left to right are Earl “Speeder” Dean, Fred J. Tank, and Julius Damschroder. Fred Tank bought the previous meat market and slaughter house from Al Witte in 1907 and provided his own on Rice Street. The store later moved to the site of the slaughterhouse on Route 51 just south of Elmore in 1958.
Online access is provided for research purposes only. For rights and reproduction requests,or to see the item or full collection in its original (non-digital) format, please contact the Harris-Elmore Public Library; 328 Toledo Street; Elmore, Ohio; 43416; (419)862-2482.