John Banting and J.F. Sanders opened the Banting Sanders Hardware in Elmore in 1882 for the sale of hardware and farm implements. After an 1889 fire, the partners moved to a new building on Toledo Street. The old Rice Street location was rebuilt and used for showrooms and storage. The Bantings moved the business to Toledo in 1901, but the building remained the Elmore Hardware Company under the ownership of Dubrie, Petersen, and Magee.
Online access is provided for research purposes only. For rights and reproduction requests,or to see the item or full collection in its original (non-digital) format, please contact the Harris-Elmore Public Library; 328 Toledo Street; Elmore, Ohio; 43416; (419)862-2482.