A 1906 postcard shows St. John's Evangelical Church, which was also known as the German Church. German families gathered in 1868 and founded the German United Evangelical Protestant St. John's Church of Genoa. The structure was built in 1871 on Superior Street and served the congregation until the 1950s. At that time, the name changed to St. John's United Church of Christ, and moved to Washington Street.
Online access is provided for research purposes only. For rights and reproduction requests,or to see the item or full collection in its original (non-digital) format, please contact the Harris-Elmore Public Library; 328 Toledo Street; Elmore, Ohio; 43416; (419)862-2482.